The international arm of the Learning Systems Institute, the Center for International Studies in Educational Research and Development (CISERD) works to improve learning and instruction in developing countries through international partners with government, universities, and non-governmental organizations. The team’s on-the-ground experience is extensive and builds on a legacy of work in international settings.
During the 30-year tenure of founder Robert Morgan, LSI firmly established a reputation as an expert manager of international development projects related to education. Now under the leadership of Jeffrey Ayala Milligan, LSI continues to focus on international development through CISERD. Over the years LSI has worked in 25 countries and partnered with dozens of international institutions, managing more than $100 million in international projects alone.
In recent years CISERD has supported numerous international development projects and has expanded its international reach.
Organizations such as the U.S. Agency for International Development, the U.S. Department of State, UNICEF, and CARE International have entrusted CISERD with research and development work, as have government agencies in, Indonesia, Ethiopia, the Philippines, India, Ukraine, Nigeria, Tuvalu, nations in Latin America, and elsewhere.
CISERD’s on-the-ground experience in these countries is extensive, and our faculty and staff work closely with partners at universities and other institutions here and abroad.
- Community College Administrator Program with Indonesia, India, Ukraine and Latin America
- Decentralized Basic Education, Component 2 (DBE2) Indonesia
- Reading for Ethiopia’s Achievement Developed Technical Assistance – READ TA (2012-2017)
- Science, Technology, Research and Innovation for Development — Philippines
- UNICEF-Pacific Technical Support In Designing An Early Grade Literacy Program For Tuvalu
- Evaluation of Women’s Leadership Partnership Program in Paraguay
- Nigeria Education Crisis Response
- Landscape Report on Early Grade Reading
- Nigeria NEI+ (Northern Education Initiative Plus)
- US-Indonesia Teacher Training Partnership (TTIP) Project, 2014 -2017